Observa is looking to hire a highly motivated and self-driven Senior Sales Manager to lead the growth of our retail audit and merchandising business.
Observa is a rapidly growing artificial intelligence and retail analytics startup headquartered in the Ballard/Fremont area of Seattle, WA. We leverage a crowd of 100K+ observers, image feeds from IoT devices, and advanced image-recognition technology to deliver a previously unavailable view of the in-store experience for brands and retailers globally. With a thriving customer base and accelerating market traction, Observa is looking for a talented and enthusiastic individual to join our team.
As the Senior Sales Manager, you will be responsible for managing sales processes and the sales team to drive revenue along with the adoption and market penetration of our retail audit and merchandising services.
This role requires wearing many hats – you need to be able to sell, manage a growing sales team, drive strategic decision making in the sales organization, and understand the top of funnel marketing strategies.
You must be comfortable succeeding with limited direction and resources, creating and implementing strategies that drive sales growth as you see fit. You should be a natural closer and leader who teaches others how to succeed as well. You who thrives on both winning business deals yourself as well as seeing your team members grow and succeed.
A history of growing start-up sales organizations from $2M ARR to $10M+ ARR would be a huge plus.
– Develop and manage dependable sales processes to build and maintain a pipeline.
– Evaluate sales processes and supporting content, identify areas for improvement, and implement positive changes quickly, iterating as needed.
– Drive the entire sales cycle from initial prospect engagement to discovery, to demo, to conversion, to proposal, to win.
– Quickly develop expertise in the face-to-face and online demonstration of the company
– Lead and inspire the sales team (and the rest of the company) through periods of experimentation and ambiguity; we’re a fast-growing startup so change is part of the day-to-day.
– Teach skills to sales team members and mentor them on tactics to develop and maintain long-term customer relationships.
– Ability to collaborate across the organization to drive results.
– 3+ years of experience managing a high-performing sales team in a startup environment.
– 10+ years of experience in sales roles.
– Consistent track record of success against both individual and team quotas.
– Proficiency in sales tool management (HubSpot, LinkedIn, ZoomInfo/DiscoverOrg, etc.).
– Self-starter who identifies opportunities for improvement and takes action with limited oversight.
– Demonstrated quantitative and analytical skills.
– History of work along the sales spectrum from cold calling to face to face meetings with C-Level executives.
– Bachelor’s degree in business, marketing or related field.
– Prior experience working at an early stage startup.
– Prior experience in the CPG and retail industry.
– Experience with Google Suite (Gmail, Sheets, Docs, Hangouts/Meet/Chat, Slides)
– Experience with Microsoft Office (PowerPoint, Excel, Word, Outlook)
– Ability to handle confidential information with discretion, and deal with professionals inside and outside the company.
– Salary, Commission, Stock Options
All offers of employment at Observa are contingent upon clear results of a thorough background check. Background checks will be conducted on all final candidates. If you have any questions about this process, please let us know.
Observa is committed to creating an environment free of harassment or discrimination of any kind. We are committed to the principle of equal opportunity for all. Employment decisions at Observa are based on business needs, job requirements, and individual qualifications. We do not consider your gender, gender expression or identity, race, age, color, religion or belief, sexual orientation, disability, family or parental status, or any other status. We are a progressive and open-minded meritocracy and encourage members of underrepresented groups to apply.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org